Saturday, February 10, 2007

Holding My Breath Again!

Last night Roanen slept in his new single bed for the first time. He fell asleep on my shoulder around 9 PM and moved into the bed no problem. His first sleep stretch was 2 hours long, then I had to nurse him (in his bed) for a couple of minutes before he rolled over and fell back to sleep. I'm eventually going to try to get him back to sleep without nursing, but I didn't want to throw too much at him at once since it was a new bed, new room, etc. He then woke up about 45 minutes after that, and I figured we were in for a crappy night. I decided that I would nurse him in his bed this one last time, then if he woke up again I'd just bring him into our bed and try again another night. Again, he nursed for a couple of minutes, then rolled over. I passed out for about 45 minutes, then moved back into our bed expecting him to be up within the next hour. I woke up several times waiting for him to fuss, but miraculously he slept through until 6:10 and woke up in a pretty good mood. So he slept a pretty good 6 hour stretch, which hasn't happened since he was about 6 or 7 months old. Hopefully he'll do the same as Josey and start sleeping through now that he's in his own bed. Crossing my fingers.

No comments: