Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 17

2004

I was 12 days away from my due date for our first baby, 80% effaced, 1.5 cm dilated, and completely sick of being pregnant. I had just eaten half a bunch of celery and chugged about 2 litres of raspberry tea in hopes of bringing on labour. I was also unknowingly 12 hours from my water breaking and 24 hours away from delivery.

2005

It was 2 days away from Josey's first birthday and we couldn't believe it. We talked about how he would be the perfect child if only he would sleep through the night...

2006

I was 12 days away from my due date for our second baby, 50% effaced, 0 cm dilated, and completely sick of being pregnant. Again. Josey and I were at my parents' place in Ottawa for the night. I had a crazy craving for a Quizno's sub, but didn't get one. There was no way I would go into labour tonight. Not being an hour away from the hospital, with severe freezing rain warnings...

2007

We were in complete shock. Russ picked up a pregnancy test on the way home from work and I quickly took it, just to be completely sure that the first one 2 weeks ago hadn't been a false negative. It just wouldn't be a good time for another baby; not for another year at least...

Positive.

2008




But he's darn cute.

No comments: