Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Genius Child

Ok, so kids in general have amazing brain power and he's probably not a genius, but this was pretty cool anyway. On Sunday morning while I made breakfast I put on a CD I got a few weeks ago. It's part of a kit called "Learn Italian with your Children" and consists of 3 CDs with word repetition and songs, and some activity books. It was pretty cheap at Costco and I thought it would be a good idea to expose the kids to some basic Italian before we take them to Italy so I got it. We listened to it a few times, but Josey pretty much balked at repeating anything and didn't really want to pay attention (which I expected - he's 2). We hadn't listened to it in a couple of weeks, but when I suggested putting it on, Josey agreed and said "They gonna start with "Bondonno"? (Buongiorno, or hello) So my mom was right when she said he would absorb it with it just playing in the background when he didn't seem to be paying attention. Kids are neato :)
On another note, last night around 12:30 Josey came into our bedroom and said he had to go pee, which is a first. He's fully toilet trained during the day, but still wears a diaper at night and it usually gets pretty wet by the morning. I've heard that most kids take until they're almost 4 to be night trained, but maybe it's happening early. It's good that he's recognizing it, anyway. It may have something to do with the fact that he's been questioning why he has to wear a diaper at night and commenting that babies wear diapers.
And finally, the boys seem to be getting along much better. There's not nearly as much pushing and knocking down, so Roanen is enjoying playing near Josey much more. However, Roanen has developed quite a temper, and will shove or try to bite Josey if they try to play with something at the same time. He's also having mini freakouts when I take him away from something, particularly the dishwasher, which he has an obsession with. Gee, I don't know where he'd get that temper and single-mindedness...

No comments: