Monday, April 16, 2007

Oh Where, Oh Where Has My Little Waist Gone? - Originally Typed April 16th, 2007

I'm extremely surprised that I've met my goal of keeping the pregnancy a secret until I was at least 18 weeks along. This is mostly due to the fact that it's so cold out and I can wear sweaters and lumpy clothes and I'm carrying differently than last time. Instead of a big nasty lump all out front, I've got blobs everywhere and my waist is quickly disappearing. I'm glad it seems to be looking a little more normal this time around because I thought it was a little freaky and ugly previously. I've got a monthly appointment tomorrow at which point my 18 week ultrasound will be booked. I figure that once that's done I'll make the big announcement because I'm really sick of hiding my belly and sucking it in whenever people are around. The really paranoid part of me thinks my mom has already figured it out and is just sitting around waiting for the announcement, which would disappoint me since I want it to be a surprise.
I've been feeling movement for a few weeks now too, but not too much, which I'm hoping is a sign that this is going to be a quiet, boring baby.
Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, Josey's recent obsession with babies, pregnancy, and drawing fetuses isn't actually due to the fact that I'm pregnant, since he doesn't actually know about it. Maybe he has a sixth sense about it.

No comments: