Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Prenatal Appointment Update - Originally Typed April 17, 2007

I had another regular prenatal appointment yesterday. Pretty uneventful. I have my 18 week ultrasound booked for next Tuesday and apparently they'll be able to figure out for sure how far along I am. Other than the doctor they're all being pretty stubborn and sticking to the dating of my original ultrasound (which was at least a week off according to me) so this will show them :) The nurse measured me at 19.5 cm, which would normally indicate that I'm 19 1/2 weeks but I think she's on crack, especially since it took her 5 minutes to just find the heartbeat.
The only other relevant part of the appointment was that Josey had a violent meltdown in the waiting room while I was trying to dress him to leave and I had my usual "There is no way I'm going to be able to deal with another baby, and I'm not going out in public anywhere after September" moment while holding back tears. This enforces my decision to get all my Christmas shopping done this summer. Part of me thinks that it won't be that bad, but the realistic part of me (the one who experienced Josey taking off for fun and nearly getting lost in No Frills last week) knows it will be. I'm certainly not hoping that the pregnancy goes fast anyway.

No comments: