Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy Naps (And Bedtimes...)

I haven't blogged in great detail about the shared bedroom situation (other than the hysterical-ish rant about my hellish day), mostly because it requires so much energy to just deal with it, let alone rehash it and find enough synonyms for "awful" to fill a post. I had a near-nervous breakdown the other night after Russ (once again) managed to get them to sleep in record time, while I had had a ridiculously horrible nap experience, and we discussed what the problems were. I was fully prepared to move Roanen back into his room because, really, do I need this kind of stress right now? Fortunately the past few days have been easy and relatively stress-free for both naps and bedtimes so all the furniture will stay where it is for now. I did notice that Roanen was extra needy in the middle of the night two nights in a row, so I ended up having to sleep in his bed for hours both nights, but I think it had to do with the stifling heat upstairs here because I didn't sleep well either. Last night they went down easily (with me!) and Josey slept right through, while Roanen only woke up once and I just sat by his bed for 5 minutes patting his back, then was able to go back to our room. He slept until 7:30 (!!) and woke up in a really good mood. I'm relieved, but still wary that things could fall apart again at any time.
I won another contest! The endless hours of signing up for them is paying off ;) This time it was the Zen Momma contest from Pinks & Blues Girls and I won a sample of body lotion and 50% off all purchases for a year. Hello, can you say Christmas and birthday presents? Hopefully they ship to Canada...and hopefully that doesn't disqualify me from the Summer Bling Contest Giveaway they have on ;)
My mom and I took the boys strawberry picking this morning and behaviour was actually pretty good. We managed to get 4 5-litre buckets full, while Roanen ate about a pound of berries straight from the patch. Looking forward to that diaper. We took a bunch of cute pictures but I'll have to upload them from the cameras before I post - so you'll see them in January or so.

No comments: