Wednesday, February 21, 2007

First Prenatal Appointment - Originally typed Feb.21st, 2007

Yesterday when Roanen had his doctor's appointment I had a prenatal appointment too. It went well, aside from the fact that I hate the routine of having to pee in a cup every single time I go in, and it's even more difficult with the boys. Fortunately there was no one in the office and I was able to distract them with the toys and quickly run to the bathroom so they wouldn't be in there touching stuff while I took aim. The doctor agrees with me that I'm more pregnant than the ultrasound suggested based on how high my uterus has grown, but says we really won't know for sure until my 18 week ultrasound. I may be getting a 13 week ultrasound to do the maternal serum screening, but he really didn't think it was necessary for a "young woman who has babies regularly" (oh my god, is that what I am? He laughed when he said it...) since I'm so low risk and it tends to cause anxiety. We'll see. He seemed to have forgotten by the end of the appointment, and I may miss the window to do it, so if it happens, it happens. Other than that all seems well and I'll be getting the usual bloodwork, regular doctor's appointments, etc. Back into the pregnancy routine. Groan.

3 comments:

Lara said...

They had me pee in the cup at home and bring it in with me. as irritating as it is to carry pee around with you, might be easier to get it done first thing in the morning?

Some kind of Mom said...

You know what is even MORE irritating? Having to pee in a bright orange jug for 24 hours! ;)

Lindsay said...

It's actually gotten easier. The kids have behaved every time (knock on wood) and my aim has improved. LOL. Do I even want to know why one would have to me in a bright orange jug for 24 hours...?