Sunday, February 25, 2007

Successful Week

Well, it's hard to believe, but it's only been a week since I started putting Roanen to bed the new way, and it seems to have been successful. Friday night he slept 5 hours 40 minutes, woke up for 10 minutes, then slept for another 2 1/2 hours. He ended up waking up at 10 to 6, so instead of fighting with him and risking him just crying until it was time to get up I brought him into our bed and just let him snuggle and sleep for an hour. Last night he only got up once (!!) and was only up for 4 minutes. He's still going to bed after 8:30 most nights, which I'm not happy about, but that's usually because his afternoon naps are very erratic and often late. He's been waking up around the same time in the morning, and I put him down for his morning nap at 10, which he's been going along with pretty well. Overall I think the change from a week ago is amazing. He's officially weaned, and after a couple of sore boob days, this morning I'm significantly less full so I think I've just about lost my milk. Haha the puppies are just mine again! I have to say thank God for single beds and the Baby Whisperer.
Josey has also been sleeping through with no problems the past few nights, so I've actually been able to get decent sleep while I have this cold. His behaviour during the day is less than satisfactory though, and he's really not listening and getting a lot of time-outs. For some reason it's usually ok while it's just me at home with him, but as soon as Russ gets home he starts acting out. He gets a ton of attention from and playtime with Russ, so I'm not sure why he's being like this. Maybe it's just another phase that he'll grow out of in a couple of weeks.

No comments: